11/10/2009

Texture

I spent an hour outside today as my kids played in the background and searched through the digital eye of my camera for TEXTURE. What I found surprised me a little only because it's the everyday objects in nature that I either step on or over each time I go to the garage. Every time I rush my daughter into the van past these little wonders (natural or manmade), I'm missing out on a fantastic texture to use as an overlay in photoshop. I took photos of my corn stalk out in the front yard that covers our bird feeder. Even a half dried up flower on the side of our house looks beautiful up close with it's very Autumn color of burnt burgandy pointed tips. When I zoom in I see something I never would have noticed before. Tiny spider webs are delicately woven in between the leaves. Dried leaves in a pile, cracked cement, even the soft suede of my daughters blue boot are all fantastic textures that I'm excited to incorporate into my next photographic design. I think I'll take my camera with me everywhere now and hopefully not look at anything the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment